Wednesday, May 26, 2010

UFC 114 - Quinton "Rampage" Jackson vs. "Sugar" Rashad Evans - Fight PIcks and Breakdown

My 100% record of picking the winner of every big main event since September has been thrown down the toilet after the last event. I hate fights like that because when the guy I pick gets KO’d like that I always sit back and think, “what the hell was I thinking?”.
So one bad lapse of judgment down, I’m [hopefully] back to picking winners!


Quinton “Rampage” Jackson vs. “Sugar” Rashad Evans
This will be a great grudge match against two guys with very similar styles. I expect Rashad to come out with the win after this tussle.
Both fighters styles can be summarised the same; boxing and wrestling but the devil’s in the details.
Rampage: Much Stronger, bigger, more experience and his boxing has gotten even better over the years.Sugar: Faster, more athletic, great training camp and he’s been known the throw kicks once and a while with success.
The details that I think will matter the most are that Rampage hasn’t fought in 14 months, he got fat while shooting the A-Team movie, Rashad is more athletic and Rashad has a great training team behind him.
I think that we could expect any outcome from this fight but I’m expecting Rashad to win a hard fought decision.

Diego “The nightmare” Sanchez vs. John Hathaway
I remember hating Diego, and then realising that he was an amazing fighter and then, since his fight with Josh Koscheck, I always think that’ll he’ll freeze up and loose. All of that aside, I think Deigo will take this one. As much as Diego’s a nut-bar, he’s very dedicated to the sport and trains hard. This is Hathaway’s first big test in his 6 and 0 career and I think he’ll get a failing grade.

Antonio Rogerio Nogueira vs. Jason Brilz
Nogueira 100%. Brilz is taking this fight on short notice (replacing an injured Forest Griffin) and other than the short notice factor, Nogueira has fantastic boxing and has fought as part of the Brazilian National Boxing Team. Brilz strength is wrestling and Nogueira is great on his back. I expect a lot of counter boxing in this match up and Rogerio coming away with a KO.

Michale “The Count” Bisping vs. Dan Miller
You should count on a win by Bisping in this match up. It pains me to say that because I think there are a lot of holes in Bisping’s game but Miller is coming off two losses and this fight almost looks like it should be a tune-up fight for Bisping.


Todd Duffee vs Michael Russow
Todd Duffee is tough and with a 6-0 career so far (all wins via KO) I think that he should make short of work Russow. He’ll just have to watch out for submissions and pound out a victory.

No comments:

Post a Comment