Tuesday, March 23, 2010

UFC 111 - Fight Picks and Breakdown GSP vs. Hardy and more



** Still 100% on picking main events since Sept 2009 **




Georges "RUSH" St. Pierre vs. Dan "The Outlaw" Hardy (Welterweight Title Fight)My prediction is that Hardy will be Rushed to the hospital after this one.
This main event is a joke but GSP is running out of competition in the Welterweight division.
My pick is obviously GSP for this one and I would be interested in anyone that may have ANY argument that Hardy could win this one.
GSP has been caught by a big underdog in the past but I'm sure GSP has learned from his mistake and will look to do a lot of safe Ground and Pound or work for Submissions.

Frank Mir vs. Shane Carwin
(Heavyweight Interim Title Fight)Mir has been on a mission to put on as much muscle he can in hopes of having another rematch against Heavyweight Champion Brock Lesner and it will be interesting to see how that extra muscle ads to his game. Everyone should see a bigger/stronger Mir and he should be able to walk away with a win over the 11-0 Shane Carwin.



Thiago Alves vs. Jon FitchThis is the big event of the night for me and should be really competitive. Jon Fitch is my pick for this one because he's got far too much experience. Both guys have met before and Fitch walked away with the win. Both guys have also dropped wins to GSP but Fitch has had a chance to get some wins under his belt and build some confidence since then while Alves has not. . When Fitch win's this match I think he'll quickly be in the running for a rematch against GSP for the Welterweight belt.



Ben Saunders vs. Jake Ellenberger

Saunders has showed some impressive knees and he’ll probably look to capitalize on his knees and length in this match and do most of his damage standing up. Jake is a ground and pound fighter and I think has the skills to take Saunders down and grind out a win via ground and pound.




http://www.spartanmmaacademy.com

http://www.mmacompanion.com

1 comment:

  1. I think I agree with your picks and breakdowns for the most part.How ever Hardy and Carwin have a punchers chance and a good chance at that.I think this is a really good card and I'm looking forward to how it all unfolds.

    ReplyDelete