Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Chuck Liddell first appearance on Dancing with the Stars


Dancing with the Stars succeeded in finally getting me to watch their stupid show. They’re great at getting stars (often with heavy quotations around the “Stars”) from various fields of entertainment and finally they’ve found someone to draw me and many other MMA fans in to watch a couple of episodes.

Chuck Liddell didn’t look comfortable on Dancing with the Stars once and I even felt uncomfortable watching him. You can tell that he’s WAY out of his comfort zone. However, I was thoroughly entertained… and very grateful that I have a PVR to fast forward through everything else.

Chuck’s been thinking of what he wanted to do with his MMA career and in the meantime Dana bet that Chuck (who’s been getting pretty fat apparently) couldn’t lose weight (probably in order to keep his former top money maker in good shape)and Chuck won this bet while training for Dancing with the Stars. So on top of the $10K from Dana, Chuck has said that he doesn’t like to lose at anything and will be going for a win. (Video regarding the bet is at the end)

Chucks premier dance was the fox trot and like most episodes, the real dancers dance around while the star kind of stands there doing as little as possible.

I thought it was really cool to see Dana White and the Fertitta Brothers sitting there laughing their asses off at Chuck.

His stiff dance moves reminded me of when I took Salsa lessons. When I would think about my hands too much my feet would go into a fight stance and when I tried to correct my feet my hands would kind of do the same. It was very awkward and I can relate to Liddell. It’s tough when you’re taken out of your comfort zone.

The show was entertaining and they got me to watch. However, my PVR lets me fast forward through everything non-Chuck related and I will cancel the recording when he is done because the show is complete garbage unless there’s someone on it that grabs your interest.

It would be nice to see this open up some doors for Chuck but that could be tough because Chuck has never had much of a “TV personality” and that’s what they like to see in shows like this. Chucks big thing has never been his personality. His big thing has always been that he was a knockout machine that looked like a character for the Double Dragon video games.

I whole time I was watching Dancing with the Stars I was thinking that I would love to see Chuck kick the crap out of the Iron Chef dude.



Video of Dana on the Bet:


Fighters talking about Chuck on Dancing with the Stars:
Watch UFC Fighters Comment On Chuck Liddel Dancing With The Stars on RawVegas.tv

No comments:

Post a Comment