Friday, December 4, 2009

The Ultimate Fighter 10 Finale - Picks and Breakdown


* Still trying to hold on to a perfect record one the main events since starting this blog.

Roy “Big Country” Nelson vs Brendan Schaub (FIGHT DECIDING THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER)
Two words for my pick in this fight, Yee-haw. That’s right, I’m picking Big Country. For anyone’s that’s seen Nelson fight prior to competing in TUF has seen him rise to the top of the International Fight League and has been the favourite to win the show since the beginning. I was really impressed with Brendan during the show but my pick at the beginning of the season is in the finally, so I’m not going to sway now.

Matt Hamill vs Jon JonesHamill has to lose this! I’m going with Jones. I can’t stand watching Matt Hamills stand-up skills and I’ve been waiting, for far too long, to see someone finally pick up on his many flaws. He leaves his hands down all of the time, but his biggest flaw is that after throwing a jab, his hand drops down to his waist.
I hate watching him fight because I scream at the TV for whomever’s fighting him to just take one of his crappy jabs and step in with, at least, a heavy hook to knock him on his ass.
Hamills has great wrestling and out matches Jones on the matt but I think Jones should get a Knockout.

Kimbo Slice vs. Houston AlexanderI like Kimbo a lot and his stand-up movement has always reminded me of Mike Tyson, who happened to be my favourite boxer.
However, after Kimbo was knocked out via a seemingly weak punch against Seth Petruzelli and his chin is a little suspect. Just like Andrei arlovski, that may be why Kimbo keeps such a bushy beard.
Both fighters have heavy hands but Kimbo is pretty limited to boxing skills whereas Alexander is a kickboxer and will probably be looking to do damage on Kimbo’s bad knee (that was shown during the television series).
There’ll be a ton of fireworks in this bout though so don’t blink.

Matt Veach vs. Frank “The Answer” EdgarThis is another one that should make the broadcast and Edgar should easily handle the 11-0 Veach. Edgar’s dispatched the top guys in the sport including Sean Sherk, Hermes Franca, Spencer Fisher, and Tyson Griffin. There’s just no comparison in the competition these guys have faced.


http://www.spartanmmaacademy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment